Thursday, February 19, 2009

he's just not that into you



so, I watched it. most of you know that reading a few pages of the book made me cry in hopelessness for the male gender and pain from realizations about past relationships. I really didn't want to watch the movie. over two hours of that pain didn't sound enticing to me. but I went anyway, with an open mind and ready to be crushed. surprisingly though, I didn't cry and I didn't come out feeling hopeless about the possibility of a future healthy and happy relationship. it was actually a great movie. definitely real and honest. I learned a lot, and already have plans of showing it to my future daughters to save them from a lot of the torture I have gone through over the years. yes, great movie indeed.

one thing I did learn is how to tell when a guy IS into you. for instance, yesterday afternoon our waiter at Fortune Cookie was definitely into me. when he handed me my check, looked into my eyes and said, "your drink's on me," and then winked, smiled and kept his eyes locked to mine as he walked away, I knew deep down that he wanted some of this. if it only hadn't come out of nowhere, caught me off guard and if he had looked older than 12 I might have been all over that. wow, there's no way I would have caught that without having seen He's Just Not That Into You. GO SEE IT!

3 comments:

jaimey said...

Ok, I so wish I could've been there when that waiter winked at you. HA! That's hilarious. Not surprising, though. :) I liked this movie, too. It was funny because Jim came with me, and there were all these girls sitting next to him that kept saying "awwwwwwww" and "ohhhhhhhhhhhhh" and gasping when something bad happened. Ha. He was looking at me like, "This is sooo painful." :)

Dana Hewitt said...

Well, it looks like we'll have to get you all dolled up and make a cameo at this Fortune Cookie place! That's so exciting and fun :)

Shannon said...

ok i know it's been forever since you wrote this post but it's hilarious so i thought i'd just write and tell you thanks for being funny! :)