Thursday, June 18, 2009

new beginnings

you know when something catastrophic happens to you, something unexpected that you were unprepared to deal with, and you feel destroyed and irreparable? and everyone around you tries to comfort you by telling you that things will work out, a new door is opening and you just have to have faith. and, at the time, it's really annoying and not comforting at all? yeah, that was my life two months ago. I was defeated. I felt no hope. the life I loved and planned on having forever had been stolen right out from under me. I was devastated. there really wasn't anything anyone could say or do to comfort me and I was sure that feeling would never go away.

well, turns out they were right all along! somehow, over time, the haze that clouded my mood and my thinking has disappeared and all I see now are possibilities. it's true, being laid off really was a blessing in disguise. for years I have talked about owning my own business and doing what I love on my own terms every day, but I never really thought I would be able to do it. well, IT'S HAPPENING! soon I will actually own my own business... ok, so it isn't completely finalized yet, but it is so close to actually happening that I can taste it. thanks to all of the support from my friends and family, and particularly my sister, brother-in-law, and uncle, this is going to happen!

I think this calls for a serious celebration. who's in?

5 comments:

Stefanie said...

What kind of business are you starting?? I am sp proud of you. That is my dream but I just can never take the leap!

jaimey said...

Christa, I am SO proud of you! And so excited! Is it okay if I use lots and lots of exclamation points?? Because I want to!!!!! :)

Seriously, you are amazing. And I just know your business is going to do awesome. :) I will be your very first and most loyal customer!!! There I go with the exclamation points again! ;)

JoDee :*) said...

Hey Congrats!!! It will all work out great I know it!!!! AND HELLO!!!! you did not give ANY info on your business?!@?!@?!? is it a secret?

Crawford Family said...

Heck yes I want to celebrate! And let me know if you need any pictures taken for your website and I am there! I am so excited to watch this take off and eventually see you on MArtha Stewart taking nanchilantly (no idea how to spell that) about how a fabulous event you planned!

Lindsie said...

Count me in! ;)