Monday, October 01, 2007

it's FALL!!


I LOVE fall! the thought that it's near is the only thing that gets me through summer. I worked at a wedding this weekend in Park City. it was beautiful! the bright yellow, red, orange and green trees against the dark clouds and rain took my breath away. and then when it snowed, the white powder brightened up the landscape. ...yeah, it snowed in September. the weather is always unpredictable here. it's one of those things I need to learn to be grateful for. although I have been revelling in how beautiful it is here lately. the mountains are amazing and create spectacular views while I am stuck in traffic on the way to and from work.

I am so glad the leaves are turning right now! it's the most beautiful thing in the world and I need something like this every day to cheer me up. I love the cool chill in the air and I dream of pumpkin pie and hot chocolate. I wish I had a fireplace, that would make everything perfect. to hear the crackle of the wood and smell the flames while I watch the snow fall and drink hot chocolate all snuggled up in my favorite blanket on the couch. who wouldn't love to do that every evening? Its such a cliche thing to do, I totally picture scenes from a million movies, but who doesn't want their life to be like a fairy tale movie?

2 comments:

jaimey said...

Christa,
I love these pictures!! Wow! Did you take them? It's so funny how optimistic your post about the weather lately is because my post about the first snow storm was so NOT optimistic. :) I have learned to appreciate fall, though, and I totally agree with you. Fall is BEAUTIFUL. :)

I'm glad you got your links working! :)

And thanks for going to dinner tonight! I am so, so full, but it was so yummy! :)

Christa said...

haha! no, my photography skills are nowhere near good. I usually just do a google image search and use whatever I like... I hope thats legal. :)