Friday, February 15, 2008

cinderella


this week my awesome friend Laurie got us into Ballet West's production of Cinderella for free! this is the first of many princess activities we will be attending. we love princesses these days. this production was amazing! it was my first time since elementary school to see Ballet West perform. I was very impressed and reminded why I wanted to be a ballerina when I was a little girl. I would love to be able to do what they do. sure, I was able to do a lot of similar dancing while I was on the drill team in high school, but I never got to wear a tutu and tip toe around. so, I was able to sincerely enjoy the show even though the ridiculous notion that great girls can never find happiness or reach their true potential until a man magically appears to rescue them runs rampant in this fairy tale. well, is there a fairy tale that isn't based on that concept? even so, I am a sucker for fairy tales. which is why on March 14th we will all be attending Disney on Ice: Princess Wishes!

1 comment:

jaimey said...

This was so fun . . . I liked reading your comments about it. :)And you know how much I love that you love princesses so much. ;) So awesome! :) We should see more dance concerts more often . . . :)