Sunday, February 03, 2008

cupcakes!

it's kind of crazy that I haven't posted pictures of my catering jobs, so I plan to start doing that. but, in the meantime, I have been experimenting with cupcakes a lot lately. most of you know that I am obsessed with them and am VERY excited about the new cupcake place in Salt Lake called mini's. I'll let you know when I finally get to try it. anyway, here are a few of my favorites that I have made lately:
this one is a banana spice cupcake layered with dulce de leche and banana slices and then topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. it was delish! and I am obviously not a photographer so bear with me...
this one is a chocolate orange cupcake with citris frosting. it was a huge hit at the superbowl party tonight. it's one of my favorites for sure.
these are my classic coconut cupcakes. I have served them at several events, and I guess I should feel free to brag and say that I have almost perfected them! they are yummy!

ok, hopefully this is the first of many posts to come! I have way too much fun experimenting in the kitchen. hmmm, maybe I will start posting cards that I make as well...

2 comments:

Dezaree said...

They look oh so yummy. I am starving right now, but since I have had the stinkin cold for a week, it's left me with the inability to taste. They look.....delish (this word always annoys Geoff.)

jaimey said...

You amaze me. Seriously, you are so creative, and you bake such awesome stuff. I really want to try the chocolate orange one with citris frosting. I LOVE mandarin orangs, and I think they look divine. :)