Sunday, July 20, 2008

Par-Tay in Kanab!!

on July 2, 2008, I celebrated my one year anniversary with my amazing job. 10 days later I got to prove everything I have learned and how much I have grown by traveling to Kanab and running their company summer party all by myself. I feel so grown up! ;) it's very rare that any of us go to an event and run it completely alone, so I felt privileged. this party has been my baby for about 6 months. I planned every detail. I will admit I was nervous, but as soon as things were supposed to start coming together, and all of my vendors were supposed to arrive... they did! and they got all set up and ready to go 30 minutes early! everything ran just as perfectly as planned, and those that showed, had a great time. the main attraction was the mechanical bull! and the guy running it actually convinced me to get on. yes, I rode the mechanical bull, and had a great time. you know that saying, "you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl"? well, it's true, I admit it. deep down, I will always be a country girl. I think that is why I love the Kanab employees so much. I get along with them really well and jump at every opportunity to head down there and spend some time with them.

anyway, it was an amazingly successful event, the storm harrowing above us didn't even dare to put a damper on our day. the weather was cool and breezy, but there was no rain on our parade. it was a great day, and I have pictures to prove it.






3 comments:

Crawford Family said...

That is soooo AWESOME!!! Love the bull. Seriously how could you be worried everything you do turns out amazing! You really have the midas touch

Dezaree said...

Looks like fun. Did we ever tell you that our friend, Josh Adams, is the HR for Stampin Up in Kanab? He and Geoff went to high school together.

Dezaree said...

Ya, we are good friends with Josh and Molly, and have been for a long time. They are great people. I would love to get some of those pictures. We are going to try and go and see them as soon as Geoff is done with the bar....which is next week. YAHOOOOOO! Email me: dezaree@gmail.com