Friday, August 15, 2008

deer valley

I got free tickets to the Deer Valley Music Festival, so I took Jaime with me and we headed out for a girls night away. we first ventured up to Main Street and had dinner at Yuki Arashi. the sushi was pretty good. I'm sure we will post about it someday on Girls' Bite Out. as we neared the end of our meal, the dark clouds prevailed and the rain began pouring. rain is my favorite weather, almost nothing makes me happier than being in the rain! so, we ventured outside and headed for the car, stopping for ice cream, of course.

the music festival is outdoors, and as much as I love rain, I was hoping it would subside so we could enjoy the performance. the view was beautiful, the music was amazing (even depsite the fact that I'm not a big Beatles fan), the whole thing was great. and then there was a breeze. have you ever been wet and cold during a breeze? yeah, it's not exactly warm and comfy. we stuck it out as long as we could, but ended up leaving early. as we were rounding a corner on a wet, muddy slope, my cute little flats slipped right out from under me and I landed flat on my butt in the mud. my purse and lawn chair went flying, and everyone gasped in horror. leave it to me to make a complete fool of myself. I couldn't help it, I busted up laughing. what else could I do? it was funny, there is no denying it. and nothing could have ruined the evening. check out the view:


4 comments:

Dana Hewitt said...

so fun! you failed to mention the part where you fell on your butt when you told me about going!
love you girl.

Crawford Family said...

I would have paid money to see that. I would have totally busted up with you! So your mom is moving to Seattle? All the more reason for you to eventually head to the city of your dreams!

Stefanie said...

Christa,
I keep finding you everywhere. I like blogging better than facebook for pictures sake anyway! I can't wait to see your pic's of Australia!!!

jaimey said...

Christa, I haven't checked your blog in TOO LONG! I love this picture of us in our hoodies . . . too bad you can't totally grasp how drenched we were. Ha! That was such a fun night. Darn mud. :)