Saturday, November 14, 2009

catching up

so... I promised I would do better, and I obviously haven't. It's been about two months, and they've been a pretty hectic two months. so, here is a very quick update.

in September I took a very last minute trip to Seattle so see my new nephew again. here are some pics of that fun trip.





then, a couple weeks later I had a "staycation" in the SLC with my friend, Chris, from Albuquerque. we had a great time seeing the sights in the city, at the lake and up the canyon.








I made a few cakes. I think we are getting pretty good!





and we made our first real wedding cake! it was so much fun and the bride and groom and family all loved it.
then, I spent a week catching up with an old friend. we had lost touch for about a year. we took advantage of all of our free time by going to Antelope Island and to his cabin at Strawberry Reservoir. we live in a beautiful state! and I am soooo happy to be back in touch with Steve.


and then... well, I went to Seattle again. this time, with Steve. he had never been and was seriously considering moving there, so we gave him a place to stay and showed him around. we even went up to Snoqualmie Pass and stayed in Cle Elum at Wayne's family's cabin. it is gorgeous there! we had so much fun! I have the cutest neice and nephew in the world, and some of the best sisters a girl could ask for. I almost didn't come back. I miss them SO SO much.














about two weeks after I got back from this trip to Seattle, I went to Hanksville for a visit. I sure miss life there sometimes. we had a good time with old family and friends. in my next post I will show you the big life changing decision I made while I was there. it's been an adventure!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you too!!

Jacque said...

looks like you've had some nice trips and visits...

can't wait to hear what your big decision entails.

you're beautiful!

jaimey said...

Christa, your pictures are so pretty! I love the one with the tall rocks and clouds. And of course you and little Nynaeve are adorable. I think Stacy should at least let you bring Nynaeve back with you. It's only fair. ;)

Miss you!!