Sunday, June 03, 2012

billy jean


about a year ago I got a call from my dad on my way home from work. It went like this, me - "hi dad" dad - "billy jean!" me - "what? who?" dad - "BILLY JEAN!" me - "dad, what are you talking about?" dad - "Billy Jean! I told you I would remember my favorite Michael Jackson song!" it had been about a week since we had the conversation and his mind had blanked on the name of his favorite song. so, it took me a while to catch on. I loved these random phone calls from my dad...

so, when I realized that was the song The Civil Wars were playing during their encore, my eyes welled up with tears and it took me a bit to get the video camera going. they did an amazing job, although I'm sure my dad would have said they ruined it :) love you dad!

1 comment:

jaimey said...

Oh my gosh, this just made me teary. Don't you love those moments, when the universe reminds you of a precious memory with your dad . . . in the form of a song or a thought or a smell, etc. . . . and you know it's a moment meant just for you? When I have those moments with my mom, I cry, too. There's nothing else to do but to let all the emotions wash over you . . . I'm so glad you posted this. It reminds me of moments I've had like this, and it makes me remember. I need to write them down like you have. :)

Love you!