Monday, July 30, 2012

sexy legs

I have been super stressed out lately. Sometimes life just gets that way, ya know? There is a lot to juggle as an adult and every once in a while it gets overwhelming and all of the balls come crashing down on you. That is exactly how I felt last week and one night I fell into a slump and didn't leave my couch for hours. 

When I finally made it to my bed and fell asleep I was so happy in my dream that I consciously kept myself asleep longer than I should have. I dreamed that my dad was in my living room sitting on the couch that used to be his. It was natural and comfortable and I was filled with the calm and happiness that he always brought into the room with him. He lifted his foot up onto my coffee table - the one my parents had very early in their marriage that he covered in his copralite tiles several years ago - and he started to lift up his pant leg. I covered my eyes and yelled out, "dad! don't blind us with your legs!" He looked at me with his fake look of shock and began rubbing his calf up and down saying, "ooooh, they're sexy!" I busted up laughing and then he looked over at Vi and pulled up his sock and started explaining to her why they were the best socks ever and why she needed them... I remember thinking, "this feels so real! I can't wait to tell my siblings that I got to spend time with dad again."

It was my first time dreaming of my dad since he passed away 6 months and 10 days ago. I have been waiting very impatiently for him to come to my dreams and it couldn't have happened on a better night. I woke up feeling like everything was going to be ok and I was letting it stress me out too much. Even now, nobody can calm me down as well as my dad can. 

1 comment:

jaimey said...

Oh my gosh, this post made me teary. I love that you got to hang out with your dad for a while, and that it was just so casual and calming and real. I can totally see him showing off his sexy legs . . . so funny. :)

Hope your week is calming down a bit . . . miss and love ya!