Tuesday, January 02, 2007

resolutions


happy new year! I don't really ever make real resolutions, but I have been thinking about them the past couple days, and I have some that I actually look forward to. maybe that has been my problem, I never pick resolutions that I really want to do. why would I be motivated if I don't really want to do it? well, 2007 is the year for me, because I really want to get these things done.

FIRST - get a passport, and get two stamps on it. I am ashamed that I don't have one. in fact, if I did, I could be going to a private island in Colombia next month. so, not only am I ashamed, I'm completely regretful of this fact right now. so, hopefully I will be able to go some other time this year. Kerstin and I really want to go to Bermuda in May, so hopefully that will work out. anyway, its way past time for me to start traveling for real...

SECOND - make my catering and event dreams come true. I am already well on my way for this, so I just need to follow through. I started doing catering on the side last month, and I have two more events coming up in a few weeks - an SUU fundraiser and a wedding reception. I made some business cards and hopefully I will generate more business from these events. I also took a part time job with an event planning company. hopefully that will work out the way the owner and I hope - with me as a full time event manager by the end of the year! its very exciting!

THIRD - become more financially stable. I have been living paycheck to paycheck for too long. I need to take this extra revenue I am suddenly bringing in and get a rainy day savings account in place. I also need to get all the little credit cards taken care of that are sort of haunting me in the back of my mind. I am lucky enough to have everything else in order and well on its way to being paid off, but all the little things are starting to pile up again... I am too young to be so bound by my financial situation...

anyway, hopefully by publishing these goals for all the world to see, I will make sure they get done. and I am actually excited about them! 2007 is great so far, lets keep it that way!

No comments: