Friday, April 25, 2008

I'm 27


okay, I'm finally ready to admit it. I'm 27. thanks to my coworkers, family, and awesome friends, I had a great birthday and I am finally going to post about it! I'm not going to lie, I haven't been too busy or too sick to do this. I have just been putting it off. yeah, that's right. I don't happily admit that I am 27. BUT - it was a great day, and it deserves to be praised on my blog.

it all started with extra time in my comfy snuggly bed. I got to sleep in! you should all know by now how much I love that. I then spent some time stamping and made some of those fun magnetic bookmarks for my friends. then I headed to the airport to pick up Kerstin. she was VERY lucky with her American Airlines flight. she actually made it! the sad part was that she ended up being sick and having to leave after lunch. it was a good time while it lasted though, and we thoroughly enjoyed our free lunch at The Pie. we ate too much, of course. but, who could resist that cheesy pizza and warm gooey chocolate chip cookie dough with ice cream?


Amber and I then headed to Park City with Jaime and Erica where we checked in to our free jacuzzi suite at the Landmark Inn. we had SO much fun with the jacuzzi! It was really only made for two people, but three of us scrunched in there and had girl talk all night! I couldn't think of better people to spend the day with! we also went out to dinner that night to Zoom, which is Robert Redford's restaurant. it was delicious! the best part though, was the dessert. Amber and I shared the pumpkin parfait. it was divine! they even put cute candles on it for me. awww! I loved it so much that I licked the glass!





the next day we had breakfast at The Eating Establishment. it was really good too. there's some good food in Park City! after that we did some shopping at the outlets and headed back to Salt Lake early so Amber and I could head to Cedar City for our cousin's wedding. it was good to be able to see all of our family. grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. so much fun!

after being forced to take a couple sick days I headed back to the office and was greeted by these amazing cupcakes and cubicle decorations! these were delicious, I need to know where they were purchased. and I did feel like a princess at my desk, especially with all the attention I was getting. thanks ladies!



well, it all would have been better if I wouldn't have been sick. :) but, I lived. yes, I have lived to be 27. it has been great so far and I'm sure it is going to get better and better. things are lookin up for me. good things are on the horizon. alright, I will stop with the corny lines. :)

2 comments:

Dezaree said...

Happy birthday!! That's not old. Try turning 32 this year.....Geoff is in December. So just remember you're younger than him :).

jaimey said...

Yay! Thank you for sharing your birthday with me! It was so much fun . . . good food, good conversation, good laughs, good jacuzzi . . . all the elements of a very happy time. :) And I think you're right: your future's lookin' awfully bright, girly. :)