Friday, April 11, 2008

recent obsessions

just an update on the new little things I have become obsessed with and which brighten my days.

Jonagold apples - they are oh so yummy! the funny thing is that I have never really liked apples unless they were covered in dulce de leche. but recently out of nowhere I started craving them (must have been a subliminal message in a movie or something). I just happened to grab a few of these delicious concoctions of nature one day while in the produce section and now I salivate for them. try one before they are out of season. you won't regret it.


Stampin' Writes - these markers make writing fun. I love choosing which colors I am going to use every day. I mean, if you have to write, use color! and I love the tips on the Journaler end. well, I actually love both ends. since I hate highlighters (yes, the ridiculous brightness hurts my eyes) I use the marker end to highlight. it's practically perfect in every way. just like me. ;)

Marie Digby - she is AMAZING! thank you Jaime for introducing me to her. her CD just came out and since I haven't made it to Target to purchase it, I have been watching her videos on youtube over and over. you will be addicted too. she and Sara Bareilles are my favorites right now. l-o-v-e. sometimes all I need is some great music and a piece of chocolate. but, when the music is this good, I don't even need the chocolate. now if that doesn't convince you to check her out, I don't know what will.

Magnetic Bookmarks - I bought one in Bermuda. It has a picture of a beach and hammock on it. beautiful... anyway, I love it. it doesn't slip out and you can use it to mark the line you were on as well. I am going to start creating my own, you know, with all my awesome stamping supplies. go Christa! maybe if you are nice enough to me I will give you one. :)

Patterned Heels - I love heels. I wear them as often as possible. but, a few months ago I got brave and bought some with patterns. since then I can't stop buying and wearing them. somehow they make me feel better about myself. when wearing them I usually prance around while singing in my head. and it usually sounds something like this: "I feel pretty. Oh so pretty!" I'm sure I will get brave enough to start buying more colors very soon.

Jodi Picoult novels - I'm not sure how to do her justice. the Financial Times said, "It's hard to exaggerate how well Picoult writes." dido. thank you Kerstin for recommending her novels. so far I have read My Sister's Keeper, The Pact, and Nineteen Minutes, but I plan to read all of them. they are all pretty lengthy novels, but I finish them pretty quickly. it's hard to put them down. I have never felt cheated any information after reading one of her books. the description she goes into about every character, every event, every scene, is completely satisfying. no character goes unnoticed. and they are more than noticed. you are given intimate details about everyone you come across. you feel connected and involved. the issues discussed are thought-provoking and sometimes heart wrenching. Picoult is masterful at handling each topic. whether you like to read or not, you should read her novels.

No comments: