Monday, June 02, 2008

yes, I am a Dork

with a capital D. and I am proud. why be ashamed? I embrace my dorkiness. what makes me a Dork you ask? here are just a few reasons:

- I LOVE puzzles. in fact, I am working on this Disney Fine Art puzzle right now. which brings me to my second point

- I LOVE Mary Poppins. I hope to be practically perfect in every way some day, and I know how to spell supercalifragilisticexpialadocious. I actually love almost all musicals and would choose a musical production over a movie any day.

- I read. a LOT. I always have a book with me, and half of my moving boxes are heavy with books. I get lost in them and sometimes spend my day longing to get home and get back into my book. I have a list 20 pages long of books I want to buy at Barnes & Noble where, yes, I have a membership, and yes I worked there part time for a while just because I loved being there so much.

- I am way into politics. and I'm not just into it, I'm emotional about it. I can lose my emotions in a debate, and I have been known to cry during speeches. Barack Obama, JFK and Dick Gephardt know how to pull at my heart strings for sure. I get emotional on election days too, at the end of the night when the winners and losers give speeches. it brings back so many memories, and makes me get all patriotic.

- I love word games. Text Twist is one of my favorites. I can play that game for hours on end.

- I don't like clubs or big parties. I would rather be at home with just a few friends, or just my best friend. or if I go out, I prefer it to be an intimate setting. there are exceptions like concerts or Jazz games, but I usually only go with a few of my closest friends. I'm an introvert for sure.

- I have a thing for museums, national monuments, and historical sites. I like to take detours to these things on road trips and living in DC was SO exciting! there was always too much to do and even after living there for two years I still haven't seen or done everything I wanted to.

- I'm crafty. I like to make my own things like pillows, curtains, chair covers, etc. I've been known to whip out a mean cross stitch and you have all seen my adventures in cardmaking and scrapbooking. and yes, I started my own card swap club and we meet every other month.

I may be a Dork, but I'm a cool one and you all seem to like me anyway.

2 comments:

Crawford Family said...

Uh hello thats what makes you so awesome and interesting to talk to! I love cross word puzzles. My friend brought me over ten months of the people cross word puzzles ripped out and I almost started crying. What can you do? You love what you love!... or as they say on you've got mail "you are what your read" in which case you will always be a classic!

Dezaree said...

You are not a dork......If you still feel like classifying yourself as that, then I am right there with you. Although, I am not into politics as much as you are. I leave that to Geoff. So we are back in Cedar now. Fun huh? You will have to come and visit us sometime.