Sunday, January 25, 2009

Christmas 2008

wow! I am really far behind. so, to sum things up, I will just tell you about my favorite parts.

we didn't have money this year, so we didn't really exchange gifts. we all gathered at my dad's house in Enoch to eat turkey, play games, and rest. the snow was coming down all over the state like crazy, but we had to drive to Fish Lake for the big annual family Christmas party, so we braved it. this is what the cabin looked like when we pulled up:


the drive was scary to say the least, but it was definitely worth it. I love my family! we had fun playing games and laughing all night until we crashed into bed. but, not before my grandparents gathered us all together to share some of their wisdom and remind us of what is important during these hard times. in place of exchanging gifts, we woke up the next morning and put together hygiene kits for the Red Cross.


I'm always overwhelmed by the love and compassion my family shows. and not just at Christmas. all the time. I love them so much and I can't wait for nest year's cabin retreat.

No comments: