Monday, April 06, 2009

I don't wanna grow up!

I’m turning 28 this weekend. WOW! I can’t believe my 10 year HS reunion is this summer and I graduated from college 6 years ago! Time sure flies when you're having fun.

My mom came over for Sunday dinner last night and we were comparing our lives. When she was my age she had already given birth to all of her children. She had a husband and 5 kids to care for, a house, a job, was primary president in our ward - she was the perfect grown-up mom... My life is very different, to say the least. Last week Jaime and I color coordinated every day, you can see evidence in her post titled “yes, we're 12”. Saturday night we rented Bedtime Stories, and last year we went to Princesses on Ice with a bunch of girlfriends. Friday night I went to a 3-D movie with James at Clark Planetarium. Look how cute we are in our glasses!

We also skipped along the sidewalk at The Gateway and had a little water fight with our straws at Z'Tejas. In December we went to the Polar Express in Heber City.

At first I thought to myself, “wow, I haven’t grown up yet,” but then I realized that I just paid off my car, I pay rent, utility bills, credit cards, I have a career and an IRA. So, yes, I guess I am a grown-up. There is nothing wrong with occasionally participating in childish activities. They are a great way to alleviate the stress in my grown-up life. Oh, and I think it also compensates for the lack of little children running around my apartment. All in all, I'm loving life at 28.

1 comment:

JoDee :*) said...

It looks like you are having a great time. One great way to release stress!!!! It does feel strange to be older no matter where you are in life....10 years out of HS is a big marker for me too!

And....Even when you are a mom, you still must have a little fun sometimes!

Love you! Have a great birthday!