Tuesday, April 28, 2009

one year older and wiser too

apparently I've been very noticeably absent this month. there is SO much to write about! let's start with my 28th birthday. on April 11, I turned 28. I chose to go back to my hometown for that birthday/easter weekend and my bff's granted me the wish and came along.

I hadn't been to Hanksville for 3 years! it was so weird to go back. it's still the same place, but pretty different. I guess that is what time does... a part of me felt like I had never been there before, and that thinking this place was a part of me was wishful thinking. I wondered where that young Hanksville Girl went. don't you worry! my family helped me find her.

we rolled Easter eggs down the red hills. watching them hop around and bust into pieces was always exciting as a kid.

climbing up Indian Island has always scared the crap out of me. at 28, it was harder and scarier!
the last part to squeeze through before you get to the top.
the view from the top is amazing! I'm always amazed at how beautiful it is there.

you can't go to Indian Island without leaving your initials carved in the sandstone. and that we did.

I wished for a hot man, of course!

yes. we are 7 again. who knew heavy heavy hangover could still be so fun?

Happy Easter! I couldn't let Jaime, Amber and Gregg go without Easter baskets so this is what they woke up to.

our last stop was Goblin Valley. I LOVE it here. it's beautiful.

I couldn't have asked for a better 28th birthday! here's to many more.



1 comment:

Crawford Family said...

Did you get a hair cut? I mean I am sure you have had several since the last time I saw you but your hair looks super cute! I am glad you had a happy b-day. Keep chris and I posted on the job hunt, you are always MORE than welcome to come crash with us until you find somethign you want... hopefully back in the DC area. I told chris you would think of it now that you are so finacially awesome and DC has a tendency to eat money like a monster (unless you are kerstin that girls amazing), but we sure would love it! We mvoe up there soon and there is always room for a Christa in our house!