Thursday, February 22, 2007

christa vs. oprah

Oprah Winfrey bothers me. she drives me crazy! its one thing to be famous and have a lot of money, but its another thing to flaunt it and waste it on ridiculous, pointless and empty parties and televisions specials. if I have it right, Oprah is the richest woman in the country. her business ventures have been very successful and are something to be proud of. but, using that money to throw glamorous parties, ceremonies, and televisions specials for other ridiculously rich, famous celebrities is something to be ashamed of. it disgusts me. now, I don't want to get up on a soap box and be preachy, but seriously, I think it is immoral for one human being to have that much money when there are thousands suffering everywhere. is it really necessary to have a 20,000 square foot house with 15 bathrooms and 17 bedrooms, a pool, a guest house, a personal chef and florist, a gym, basketball and tennis courts when there are homeless people on every street corner? how can you live with yourself in that situation?

I'm not saying Oprah doesn't do good things with her money. I know she donates to charities, but it seems extremely minimal compared to the extravagant crap she pulls all the time. why can't she at least lay low like Bill Gates? I'm not a fan of how much money he has and how easy his children and grandchildren are goin to have it forever, but at least I don't see it on TV and in magazines and newspapers every day. maybe the real problem is the media. maybe I should get off Oprah's back. maybe she really would rather do television specials that educate us and raise money for good causes but the media won't do it. who knows? all I know is that if I have to watch her spend more money and give more attention to celebrities I might fly to Chicago and throw up on her doorstep...

No comments: