Thursday, February 15, 2007

roller coaster ride

life feels like a roller coaster sometimes. lately it feels like that really big one at Six Flags, the old rickety one. you are moving too fast, things are coming at you unexpectedly, you aren't stable or secure, and you can't escape the feeling that if you let any single muscle in your body relax you will surely die. If I started listing everything in my life that recently came hurling toward me, it would take an eternity. I am having a hard time keeping all of them straight in my head. hopefully this ride doesn't last too long, and I come out okay.

the trolley square shooting happened approximately 10 blocks from my house. I still can't believe such a tragic event happened so close to me. who knew something like that would happen in Salt Lake City? I am extrememly blessed that neither I nor anyone close to me was there that night. ...why do things like this keep happeneing? I am starting to get worn out from reading the newspaper and watching the news. maybe I should just stop and start existing in a bubble again... hmmm...

No comments: