Wednesday, December 10, 2008

christmas time is here!

I know it's a cliche, but the holidays are SO busy! I have managed to do a few festive things though, so here's my update.

last week I went to Heber and rode the Polar Express with James. it was so much fun! well, ok, it would have been a lot more fun if we were about 20 years younger, or had enough patience to handle obnoxious teenage "elves", but it was a great time anyway. is there a better way to ring in the holidays than to ride a train up to the North Pole to be greeted by Santa and Mrs. Claus and served hot chocolate and cookies by elves? I think not! thanks again so much, James, for taking me.



here are some pictures of my tree and favorite Nativity set. my tree has been up for a month now! I couldn't stand waiting, I was so excited about all of my new ornaments. isn't it beautiful? this is the first time I have actually had my own fully decorated tree. I guess you could say my adulthood is official.



and here's the first Christmas card I made this year. it's a lot harder to get myself to stamp at home these days since I spend 8 hours a day doing it at the office. but, I am sure this one won't be the last one I create this year.


a couple nights ago I hung out with Landon at a cute little coffee shop called Diva's. it was the perfect winter/Christmas night. hot choclate in the den, playing Scrabble and laughing with Christmas carols in the background. It snowed for the first time this week, too. now all I need is moolah for gifts and the season will be complete. :) I hope you are all able to enjoy this time of year as much as I am.

No comments: