Wednesday, August 12, 2009

crave cake?

I love Ace of Cakes! I'm obsessed. I record every episode on my DVR and sometimes even take notes while I watch. working with Duff and the gang at Charm City Cakes would be the ultimate dream job for me. and since I'm a caterer, I decided I should have sweet cake skills. so, I took a class from Jaxon here at Viking Cooking School. it was fabulous! Jaxon was a great teacher, and we had a ton of fun and learned some mad skills. I was scared, but I fell in love with fondant. I want to make fondant cakes every day! here are some pics from that day.



I thought we did pretty well for our first time. and now I'm getting a lot of requests from friends to make cakes for them. Amber and I did our first one yesterday. it was a 2nd birthday party for an adorable little girl. we made her a hungry caterpillar. what do you think?


if anyone needs a cake, hit me up! I love to do it, and am charging for ingredients only while improve my skills.

2 comments:

jaimey said...

Christa, your cake(s) are awesome!! Yay! I love that you're actually doing something about your dream. So many times I'll think, "I wish I knew how to do that," and I don't do squat. So thanks for inspiring me. :) You're amazing.

P.S. your caterpillar is precious!! The little antennae and feet kill me. :) And the green icing is so pretty!

Lisa said...

That is so awesome and cute! If I ever need a cake I will call you for sure.