Tuesday, March 20, 2012

get a clue

I was driving home from work the other day pondering some recent developments in my life when I heard my dad's voice loud and clear say, "christa, get a clue!" and just like that I was looking at everything from my dad's perspective instead of with my emotions. as a side note, and I will go into more detail about this in a different post, when my dad talked to me like this he would pronounce my name CHRITTA in a very goofy voice. that is what I heard.

I'm a girl. that's the excuse I use for letting my emotions rule my decisions and plans. but, I do know that I can change that. my dad was the most logical and calm person I have ever met. he is the perfect example of smart and level-headed decision making. I wish I had a vocal recording of my dad saying "get a clue!" so that I could play it to myself every time I started getting emotional and stressed out. hopefully my brain has it stored securely enough that I will be able to hear it for the rest of my life. my biggest fear is that things like this will start to fade...

No comments: