Monday, April 02, 2007

the flood

my bathroom flooded last night. water was seeping out of the floor drain for about an hour and it wouldn't stop. it was the perfect ending to a rather dreary weekend. you know those weekends where you have no plans, and nobody to make any with? you just lounge, veg, run boring errands, watch a ton of TV, sleep in, and are generally bored. I guess I can partly blame it on the fact that I didn't feel well and really needed sleep, but all in all, it was just one of those weekends.

I had a lot of time to ponder some of those questions that pop up in your mind every now and again. like, was it really the style to dress like a guy when I was in high school, or was I seriously misled? how in the world did I ever survive without the internet? better than that, how in the world did I survive growing up in Hanksville, UT? why is it that I hate yellow and why does bright highlighting hurt my eyes? why is the old lady next door so mean? why do guys think its hot to gage their ears? am I ever going to be able to open my own business? how much does my name have to do with who I turned out to be? why do people think its fun to slide down a mountain covered in snow, just to crash and hurt yourself while you are all the while wet and freezing? how many teeth do I have in my mouth? why is he ignoring me this weekend, is he mad, is he bored of me? why does my favorite sugary cereal make me sick to my stomach now? ...don't you think its about time I gave these questions the thoughtful time they deserved? if so, I guess it was a productive weekend...

anyway, its been a while since I wrote, but there seriously hasn't been anything going on. life is just rolling along right now, but I guess I should be grateful for that. oh, and yay! my little sister is due in 6 weeks. I can't wait! I am addicted to the baby section, I need to stop buying stuff... and it is frustrating that she isn't going to find out if its a boy or girl. there is only so much green and yellow stuff you can buy... I can't wait to be an aunt!! and I really can't wait to go to Seattle to see them next month...

No comments: