Monday, July 27, 2009

these are my favorite things

I just got back from spending a week with my sister, her husband, and two adorable kidlets in Seattle. I had an amazing time, and it was heartbreaking to leave. I love my little sister, Stacy, to death and it was a lot of fun getting to know her husband better. they had their new baby boy, Trajan Darys, 5 days before I arrived. he is precious! I was on cloud nine the whole time I was there with two adorable, loving and cuddly kids. my niece, Nynaeve, is the cutest, smartest and sweetest little girl ever born! here are some of the things I love about her:

* how SMART and so very very entertaining she is. check out a few of the videos I took of her (I apologize in advance for the poor lighting):








* how much she loves President Obama! every time she saw me pull out my laptop she would run over yelling, "Christa! can I see President Obama? I want to see him." and when I would pull up a picture of him she would say, "it's President Obama! he loves me! I love him too!" And I would say, "that's right, Nynaeve! President Obama does love you!" how adorable is that??? kids are a great judge of character, right?

* how cuddly and loving she is. I couldn't get enough of her hugs and kisses, and she loves giving them too.



* how well she plays with others. we took her to the slide at the apartment one day, and she made friends quickly with a girl there. she was jumping and happy and running up to the girl (who never spoke, by the way) saying, "come on little girl! let's slide!" And when the girl would take her sweet time climbing up the steps she would say, "what are you doing??" like she was really confused and perturbed. So adorable.

* how much she loves her baby brother. she is constantly hugging and kissing him and running up to him saying, "hi Trajan Darys! I love you my brother!" and she will do anything to help out with him. she is already a great big sister.


* how she says my name. CHWISSA! so cute!

* her big cheesy "happy face". she pulls it every time we try to take a picture. and ten I would have to say, "no, the cute face!" haha!


*her comments during movies. during the most exciting parts she would always look at me with her big wide eyes and say, "wow, Christa! what's happening? what's happening to them?"

* her poses. it's like she knows how cute she can be and wants to show it off.


I love my new nephew too. his name is Trajan Darys. he is so cute! he has adorable smiles, cute girly screams, big hands and feet, big blue eyes and he is a great cuddler too. I couldn't get enough of him. even though he insisted on peeing on me every time I gave him a bath or changed his diaper. boys will be boys, right? here are some good pics of him:





I had an amazing time there. I would have been happy as can be just hanging out in the house all day, but stacy and wayne made sure I got to go up in the mountains and see how much prettier it is there than it is here. another one of their "move to seattle schemes" I'm sure. but, really, look how beautiful it is there!






thanks, McIntosh family for a great week! I miss you guys. can't wait to visit again. wouldn't you want to visit every weekend? look at this adorable family.



1 comment:

Dana Hewitt said...

Holy Holy! What a cute new little guy she's got there. I love that they named him after your G-pa. Very sweet.