Thursday, November 01, 2007

all time top 5

have you ever watched High Fidelity ? John Cusack's character, Rob, lists his all time top 5 records by different categories throughout the movie, as well as his all time worst break-ups. side note: it's one of my all time favorite movies for a lot of reasons. I found myself thinking about it today while I was driving all over town in my car listening to Sara McLachlan's Wintersong album. I realized that I'm not sure I will ever get tired of that CD. I'm surprised I haven't worn it out yet... There are two songs in particular that I listen to over and over and over: River and Song for a Winter's Night. I know every word, and I sing really loud like a crazy person in my car. it's also really odd that I can listen to a Christmas album like this. do you ever do that or is it just me? what are some of the songs that have that effect on you? I should dedicate a blog to listing all of those songs that I have...

1 comment:

jaimey said...

christa, "song for a winter's night" is one of my all-time favorite songs, too! my affection for the song started when i saw the cougarettes do a dance to it. that's how a lot of my infatuations with songs start, actually. when i see a dance to it . . . anyway, you should totally do a blog about your favorite songs you can listen to over and over. a few of mine are "i will" by holly palmer (i listen to that over and over and over. :) ) and i also love "everlong" by foo fighters, "wishing heart" by lisa loeb, "starlight" by muse, and "push" by matchbox twenty. those are probably in my top 10 for sure. :) by the way, i've never seen that movie, but i love john cusack. i'll have to check it out. :)