Monday, November 05, 2007

restaurant reviews - tsunami and european connection

ok, so Jaime and I have been making a list of restaurants in the Salt Lake Valley that we want to eat at. we are both obsessed with food. I have been looking for someone to do this with me since I moved here, so she is the best thing ever! anyway, we started with European Connection a couple weeks ago. it was SO good. they are a little place at Jordan Landing that makes sandwiches out of crepes. everything is made to order right in front of you. watching them make the crepes is part of the fun. I had a turkey and provolone crepe wrap and also a crepe with strawberries and nutella! the crepes were sweet and soft and the perfect thickness. I will definitely be going there again, oh, and I will be buying myself a crepe maker asap!

this past weekend we went for sushi with my sister, Amber, and another friend, Brad, at tsunami. I had been there before, but I think the sushi this time was much better. We had vegetables tempura, which are always yummy, as well as the following rolls: aloha, don juan, DTH, philly and the executive. they were all so good it took a few minutes to decide which one to eat when it was time for another bite. I took as much time as possible with every bite, savoring every flavor. they were all melt in your mouth good, and I am not exaggerating, no matter how cheesy I sound. ask Amber, the three of us were moaning with every bite! so, if you like sushi, definitely try tsunami!

next stop: Buca di Beppo and I promise to try to remember pictures next time.

3 comments:

jaimey said...

Ok, so I've been a total slacker with my blog lately, so I just barely tonight saw your posts about our eating adventures. I'm so glad you've written these because we definitely need to document our eating journey! :) I think we need to go to European Connection again for lunch soon . . . mmmmmmm nutella . . . :)

jaimey said...

Oh, and that sushi! Wow. No words. Just lots and lots of WOW. :)

Crawford Family said...

Yummm! I LOVE european connection I ate at the one in Fort Union constantly when preggers with Sam. Great now i am craving something half way across the country. Muchas gracias amiga.