Sunday, January 06, 2008

holiday update

wow... what a crazy month it has been! I better do a quick update. thanksgiving was good. time in st. george and time in cedar. it's always great spending time with my family. but, december! december was crazy!

ashley, amber and I threw a christa lee catering christmas party on the 15th. it was a LOT of work. we made our own invitations and our menu was pretty big. we got about 35 RSVPs, but about 80 people showed up! it was amazing. and it went until about midnight. so much fun! the craziest part though, was that I up and emailed james one day. I have no idea why I did that. for some reason I kept thinking it would make me a better person if I could find a way to be friends with my ex's. and james was a great friend, so I gave it a whirl. and he came to my party... it wasn't awkward, even though he brought his girlfriend with him. the best part though was that mark christensen came! I hadn't seen him in about 4 years. it was so good to see him. almost everyone I hoped would come, did. marti and andrew, jacque and scott, dana and ben, jaime, and obviously a lot more. I have to admit I was very proud of us!

christmas was great too. we all drove to vegas to pick up stacy, wayne and nynaeve from the airport. nynaeve is SO adorable! we had a great time. we spent a couple days in st. george and a couple days in cedar. it was hard to leave. it was a GREAT christmas.

on the 29th I attended the Riehl Events christmas lunch. I have had a great year working for Jacque. She is an amazing event planner and has become a close friend. at the event I learned that I was being promoted to event manager! I will be getting business cards and will now be involved in the planning process from beginning to end. not to mention a pay raise. :) I'm definitely excited!

james invited me to his new year's party at his apartment, so I invited mark to go along with me. it was a little awkward at first, but we ended up having a great time. guitar hero broke the tension and mark and james hit it off after realizing they played football together in high school. this world is way too small sometimes! anyway, it ended up being a great way to bring in the new year.

last night was our winter company party, which has been my project for the past 6 months. it was great! we had a black and white ball at the Grand America, filet mignon for dinner and an awesome dueling pianos show. I think it was a great success. it wasn't perfect, of course, but I am happy with it. I have ben sick since new year's, and even lost my voice for two days, but I have no time to recouperate right now, I am going to Palm Springs for work for the next week. wish me luck!

2 comments:

Dezaree said...

Holy Cow you are a busy woman. Sorry we didn't get back to you while we were up there. I actually put Geoff in charge of calling you back and telling you that Chase had to work the whole time. Obviously he didn't call you back. Sorry. But it sounds like you had a good turn out at that party. Hope everything goes will in Palm Springs.

Crawford Family said...

Ugh you make me sick with your jetsetting life style and balls... sick with envy! I am SOOOO glad you are sticking with your catering I know you will be amazing... now if I could be as brave with my cupcake store haa!Although sam is a big helper he LOVES linging the cupcake tins with the little papers!